What to Expect
If you receive premium assistance, MSP reimburses you a portion of your visit fees. That said, most extended health plans cover naturopathic services. Check with your provider regarding coverage.
Yes, absolutely! In fact, at Doctors’ Choice Naturopathic, a focussed physical exam, including PAP if required, is done on your second visit. We’ve got you covered!
Without a doubt. Naturopathic Doctors have a minimum of 7 years of medical training, including 3 years of pre-medicine at a recognized University (ex: UBC) followed by 4 years of Naturopathic Medical training at an accredited Naturopathic Medical school. Naturopathic Doctors have extensive biomedical science training.
This really depends ~ depends on how quickly your body responds to the medicines & recommendations given. For some people, we get things handled in a few short visits. For others, it may take a little longer. And then there are those who are in fantastic health and check-in every few months in order to keep their health top-notch.
In many circumstances, yes. However, prior to combining any natural and prescriptive medications, you need to consult with a licensed Naturopathic Doctor first to ensure the combination is safe.
Dr. Reid is licensed to prescribe pharmaceutical medicines and is exhaustively trained in the interactions that may occur between pharmaceutical and natural medications. You are in extremely good hands here.
Yup, you bet! In fact, your health is best managed when you have both. Although our training in the biomedical sciences is very similar to that of an MD, our approach to healthcare is quite different. We each have different toolkits and skill sets to serve your needs. At DCN, we believe an integrated approach to healthcare is in YOUR best interest.
Why Choose Us
- Because our patients rarely wait. Rather, they are eagerly awaited for. Because THEY are the reason we exist.
- Because it feels good here. Located in a beautiful heritage house, our clinic is unlike any other in the city. You’ll feel at home with us.
- Because with YOU at the helm, we work integratively with your medical doctor and other healthcare practitioners to provide you with the best care possible.
- Because we provide exceptional customer service. Your comfort is our top priority.
- Because we make healthcare fun! We laugh. Alot.